While we specialize in Immigration Law in the Newark area, here are some generally helpful tips that anyone can use. Remember that not all advice fits every situation, and we therefore strongly encourage you to seek the advice of an experienced attorney for information on all your legal questions.
- Act without delay
- If you find yourself in a situation wherein you need legal advice, make contacting a skilled, experienced attorney your priority. The sooner you seek legal advice, the easier it will be for your attorney to build a strong case in your favor, whatever the charges or circumstances of your situation. Delay in obtaining legal counsel might lead to some important information being lost or forgotten, or for the other party involved in your dispute to build a stronger case – against you. Often times, you also have to allow some time for your attorney to review the case, file paper work and get the proceedings started.
- Be open and honest
- Our office can only help you insofar as you help him or her understand your case. Keeping details or information from your lawyer not only makes his or her job that much difficult, it is in every case a detriment to your claim or defense. Our office is there to represent you and you therefore need to have enough trust in him or her to divulge everything pertaining to your situation. Our office will in most cases ask questions that may seem very personal in nature, or might upset you. Remember that their only concern is to ensure you come out of the situation with the best results possible, and as such you should answer honestly and not feel defensive when being questioned.
- Ask questions and get answers
- Our office is skilled, qualified and experienced. We expect you to have many questions about your case, their background, the cost of the proceedings and other aspects of the law. Any lawyer who can not or will not take the time to answer these questions clearly and openly should not be trusted. You should know exactly what to expect walking in to legal proceedings, from lawyer fees to court procedures. Make sure you are comfortable with your attorney and that they can explain legal lingo to your entire satisfaction before deciding on hiring him or her.
If you require legal advice or representation, do not hesitate to call Attorney Estela today. Our office staff is standing by to guide you in obtaining legal representation and having your questions answered.
- Removal/Deportation Immigration Law
- Employment Immigration Law
- Religious Worker Immigration Law
- Family Immigration Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI / DWI Law
- Family Law